Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Your Lucky Day

I do so hope you’re having a good day. Day … the time between when the sun comes up and it goes down. It’s a short little word that we use, well ... every day in a variety of collocations. Here are just a few:

all in a day's work: not out of the ordinary
call it a day: finish work
plain as day: obvious
at the end of the day: basically
day in and day out: over and over
bad hair day: not a good day

The Good Student

Maribel gets up bright and early every morning. Day in and day out, she talks herself through her day’s agenda in English while she’s brushing her teeth. She centres herself with a little ESL Yoga before hopping in the shower where she sings her favourite song out loud. Not even a bad hair day can stop Maribel from sticking to her program!

I asked Maribel about how she keeps focused. “It’s all in a day’s work,” she responded. “My English has to be good enough for me to communicate fluently with my clients and suppliers. It’s part of my job to do this training. Since I’ve been doing it consistently for some time, it’s second nature to me now. I can’t imagine what it would be like to not speak in English with my plant for at least a few minutes every day!”

When others call it a day, Maribel gets comfortable in her favourite armchair and reads a few chapters of a good book, taking note of new vocabulary. After supper she watches an episode of her favourite sitcom.

“The secret is as plain as day,” continues Maribel. “At the end of the day it’s all about being consistent.”

Do you have tip you would like to share with others about how to keep to your training program? Please join the ‘Speak English Once and for All’ group on facebook and share your ideas, your questions and wins!


Have the most awesome day!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are so much appreciated!